This policy (together with our terms of website use and any other documents referred to on it) sets out the basis on which we, Elliott Advisors (HK) Limited of Suites 1102-1105, Chater House, 8 Connaught Road Central, Hong Kong, will process any personal data we collect from you, the data subject, or which you provide to us, in the course of using our site www.fixingbhp.com. For the purpose of the Data Protection Act 1998 we are the Data Controller.
When you use our site, there are a number of ways in which you provide information and other data to us. By using the site, you consent to us processing and collecting this data, on the terms and for the reasons which are explained below.
SPECIFIC CONSENT OF DATA SUBJECT
In signing the Petition and providing your personal data, the data subject specifically consents to the collection, storage, and use of personal data in compliance with any applicable laws and regulations in the jurisdiction that applies to you, the data subject.
INFORMATION WE MAY COLLECT ABOUT YOU
From every visit you make to our site, we may collect the following information:
- Your first and last name, email and/or postal address, telephone number or other information you provide when you fill out a contact form on the site
- Your IP address
- Your Internet Service provider (“ISP”)
- Any referring or exit pages taking you to or from our site
- Your login information
- Your web browser type and version
- Your time zone & location
- Date/time stamp
- Clickstream data
- Any browser plug-ins and versions used on your browser
- Your operating system
- Your platform / device details
- Information we collect when you interact with our content on the site or on third-party sites or platforms, such as social networking sites. This may include information such as “Likes”, profile information gathered from social networking sites or the fact that you viewed or interacted with our content.
HOW YOUR INFORMATION IS USED
We may use your information to:
- send you our newsletters from time to time.
- ensure that content from our site is presented in the most optimised and effective manner for you and for your computer.
- diagnose or fix technology problems.
- control unauthorized use or abuse of the site and our services, or otherwise detect, investigate or prevent activities that may violate our policies or be illegal.
- provide you with information or services that you request from us or which we feel may interest you, where you have consented to be contacted for such purposes.
- invite you to complete surveys that we use for research purposes, although you do not have to respond to them.
- carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us.
- allow you to participate in interactive features of our service, when you choose to do so.
- notify you about changes to our service.
- deliver customer service and respond to your inquiries.
- administer our site including data analysis, testing, traffic monitoring, research, statistical and survey purposes.
All information you provide to us is stored on our secure servers. Our website is encrypted using SSL technology.
We take your privacy very seriously, and will take all reasonable steps to protect your personal data, but please be aware that any data which you send to our site is sent at your own risk.
We may from time to time transfer or disclose your personally identifiable information to recipients in countries other than your own and make it accessible to our parents, subsidiaries, affiliates and third party service providers internationally. The countries to which your data may be transferred will depend on the circumstances, but may include Australia, Hong Kong, the United States or the United Kingdom. By using the site or otherwise providing personally identifiable information to us, you are consenting to having your personally identifiable information transferred to and processed in the United States or any other country in which the Data Controller or its parents, subsidiaries, affiliates or service providers maintain facilities or operate.
DISCLOSURE OF YOUR INFORMATION
We may disclose your personal information to any of our group companies (which means our subsidiaries, our ultimate holding company and its subsidiaries, and our affiliates) and also to third parties in the following circumstances: –
- to any prospective seller or buyer of all (or part of) our business or assets;
- If we are required to do so by law, any applicable regulation or to protect the rights, property, or safety of ourselves or others. This may include disclosing to other companies and organisations in connection with fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
ACCESS TO INFORMATION
You have the right to access the information which we hold about you. If you wish to exercise this right, please send your request to [email protected]. You can also exercise your right to unsubscribe at any time by contacting us at [email protected].
STORAGE AND SECURITY
No method of transmission over the Internet, method of electronic storage or other security methods are one hundred percent secure. Therefore, while we strive to use commercially acceptable means such as firewalls, password-protected databases with limited physical or electronic access, and encryption to protect your personally identifiable information against unauthorized use, disclosure or modification, we cannot guarantee its absolute security.
CHILDREN UNDER 13
This site is not intended for use by anyone under the age of 13 nor does the Data Controller knowingly collect or solicit personally identifiable information from anyone under the age of 13. If you are under 13, you may not attempt to send any information about yourself to us, including your name, address, telephone number, or email address. In the event that we confirm that we have collected personally identifiable information from someone under the age of 13 without verification of parental consent, we will delete that information promptly. If you are a parent or legal guardian of a child under 13 and believe that we might have any information from or about such child, please contact us at [email protected].
DATA PROTECTION SUPERVISORY AUTHORITY
For the purposes of the European General Data Protection Regulation, the UK Information Commissioner’s Office is nominated as the Supervisory Authority in respect of the personal data entered by data subjects who are citizens of the European Union.
If you have a concern about your privacy or you would like to know more about how your personally identifiable information is collected or used, please contact us. We ask that when you contact us with a complaint, please include contact information and clearly describe your complaint. We will respond to your request or complaint within a reasonable time and will let you know next steps in resolving your complaint. If you are not satisfied with our response, you may also contact your local and federal data protection authorities to lodge a complaint.
RIGHT TO BE FORGOTTEN
Under Article 17 of the European General Data Protection Regulation any data subject that is a citizen or resident of the European Union is entitled to request that their personal data be deleted from our systems under the “Right to be Forgotten”. Should any such data subject wish to exercise their right under Article 17 we ask that the request is made in writing to [email protected].
Under Article 20 of the European General Data Protection Regulation any data subject that is a citizen or resident of the European Union is entitled to request that their personal data be exported by the data controller in a structured and commonly used open standard. Should any such data subject wish to exercise their right under Article 20 we ask that the request is made in writing to [email protected].
DATA RETENTION & DESTRUCTION
Any personal data provided via this website and the petition will be retained by the Data Controller for a maximum of five years. After this time it will be securely destroyed.
NOTICES AND REVISIONS
DATA TRANSFER & CONSENT